If you want to make a delicious treat for your dog, these Reese’s Style Peanut Butter Cups for dogs are the perfect choice. Your pup will love this peanut butter-filled recipe! Plus, all of the ingredients have great benefits that’ll keep them healthy and happy.
This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Teddy was a rescue dog that I adopted from the Greyhound Trust. He was the sweetest dog ever, but he had a bit of a problem with food. He was always getting into the trash can and eating whatever he could find. I tried to keep all of the food in the house locked up, but he was determined to get his paws on it. He would surf along the counters in the worktop to see what he could reach. This included a victoria sponge birthday cake that I had baked and was about to ice!
One day, I decided to make him a special treat- Reese’s Style Peanut Butter Cups For Dogs. I knew he loved peanut butter, so I thought this would be the perfect recipe. I whipped up a batch and put them in the fridge to set before using them to distract him from the kitchen whilst I was baking the family dinner.
A few hours later, I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen. I ran in to find Teddy with his head in the fridge, trying to get to the rest of them. I had to put a child lock on the door after that. He really was a very talented and determind dog.
You’ll love this recipe because it is super easy to make and your dog will love it too!
Why you’ll love this recipe
• Your pup will love peanut butter cups
• The recipe is very easy to make and takes little time
• It has ingredients that pups like and offer great health benefits (high protein)
• Makes for a great snack and also a good distraction from kitchen counter surfers!
Ingredients and their benefits for your dog
Peanut butter is one of the most popular ingredients that you can give to your dog because it has a lot of benefits. Peanut butter contains a generous dose of protein, healthy fats and fiber. The fat in peanut butter contains a type of saturated fat called a medium-chain fatty acid, which has been shown to be beneficial, especially for heart health. Your dog will be getting Vitamin E, B6, and Niacin which are all great for skin health, eye health, brain function, and maintaining healthy blood vessels.
Carob chips are a much safer alternative to chocolate if you want to give your dog something sweet. Dogs love carob chips but they don’t contain any caffeine or theobromine, which can make them sick.
Chocolate contains caffeine and if ingested it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures or even death. The darker the chocolate, the more dangerous it is.
Coconut oil is a great ingredient to use in homemade dog treats because it has a ton of health benefits for dogs. Coconut oil is high in lauric acid, which is a medium chain fatty acid that has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It’s also a great source of fiber, which can help dogs with digestion, and it has anti-inflammatory properties that can help with arthritis and other joint problems.
How to make Reese’s Style Peanut Butter Cups for your dog
You won’t find an easier recipe for Reese’s Style Peanut Butter Cups than this – plus you can eat them too. That’s because everyone can eat these delicious peanut butter cups that are perfect for you and your dog! These homemade treats are made with all-natural, healthy ingredients and will be gobbled up by your pups in no time. Make a batch today!
Have you ever heard of the saying “you can tell how good something is by looking at its ingredients”? Well, it certainly applies to this recipe because there are only human-grade ingredients used here. This means that these peanut butter cups are not only tasty but also completely safe for you both to enjoy!
This recipe is meant to be a special treat for your dog and should not take the place of their regular food. Treats should not account for more than 10% of your dog’s daily calories. To adjust the treat quantity and size, simply change the amounts in the recipe in proportion to suit your size of your dog. Before adding new foods to your dogs’ diet, contact your veterinarian for advice.
Reese’s Style Peanut Butter Cups For DogsYum
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Smooth is better and must be xylitol free
- 1/2 cup Carob Chips
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil Extra Virgin
- Line the pan with mini cupcake liners.
- In a microwave-safe dish heat coconut oil and carob chips. Heat only 20 seconds at a time as you can easily burn them1/2 cup Carob Chips1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Then spoon the carob mix into the liners and press some with the back of the spoon to coat the sides as well as the bottom. When coated pop the pan in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat the peanut butter until almost a liquid. I heated this in 20-seconds at a time as well.
- Then spoon the mixture into the center of each of the coated cups.
- Pop back into the freezer for a few minutes to harden again.
- Reheat the carob mix if needed. Spoon the mix over the peanut butter making sure it is all sealed in.
- Pop back in the freezer for a few minutes to harden and then they are done!
- Don’t forget to show me a pic of what you made! Upload an image or tag me @recipetsblog on Instagram!